Twin City Raceway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dwarf car racing?

5 posters

Go down

Dwarf car racing? Empty Dwarf car racing?

Post  dolchok June 30th 2009, 16:57

Hey everyone!

I'm new here, thanks for having me.

I wanted to ask about the possibilities of ever racing dwarf cars on the track, maybe starting a series here in Alaska which would be the first of it's kind. I know they race Legends up north, but if it aint in the dirt it aint racing!.
I have a Aunt in Ventura, CA who has many contacts for cars and parts.
I think this would be a great addition to the current list of cars, plus it's pretty inexpensive to get into...

Anyways, I hope this may have been a topic of conversation previously.

Any questions
dolchok@gmail.com

Jamie Chilton
dolchok
dolchok
RACE FAN

http://www.alaskasuperservices.com

Back to top Go down

Dwarf car racing? Empty Re: Dwarf car racing?

Post  northroadchoppers June 30th 2009, 20:38

do you have any Idea on how much one would cost to build? I looked into it alittle bit and I thought they would cost 8 to 10 grand to build a new one. But maybe I am way off? do you have any website links where I could check them out?
northroadchoppers
northroadchoppers
ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Dwarf car racing? Empty Dwarf

Post  dolchok June 30th 2009, 22:44

http://www.vradwarfs.com/

That is the site for the Ventura Raceway Dwarf association, my Aunt and Uncle are part of.

I have also been looking around for cars, a few you can find if you search "Dwarf car Craigslist" in google. Another good site is Racing Junk.com. I found a average price to get a decent car once you add shipping cost to be close to $5,000 or less. You can get one much less, but you will end up with junk.
Good cars, fresh and built turnkey I have seen up to $13,000.

Jamie
dolchok
dolchok
RACE FAN

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcGahan33 June 30th 2009, 23:20

Dolchok,

I am sure I have seen a couple Dwarf cars at TCR in the past. If I remember right, 4 or 5 legend cars came down to race as exhibition for one of our Sprint Car Invitationals, and a couple dwarf cars, and one of these dwarf cars tumbled off the turn 4 wall. So there might be a couple dwarfs in the state already?

There are alot of classes we could run, but we have been suggesting (not yet a requirement) that we have 5 cars preferrably to start any new classes.

The only problem I see right now is that we are already struggling to get all of our races into a night of racing, and adding another class will make it difficult. We may have to look at racing 2 days a week or possibly every saturday night, and split the classes between each weekend. Otherwise we will have 7 or 8 classes racing the same night...
CMcGahan33
CMcGahan33
YOUNG GUN

http://mcgahanracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dbass June 30th 2009, 23:55

the tracks I have been assoicated with in NE Iowa and Western Wi, (we would race at a different track three times a week)average 110+ car count on race nights 4-5 class. the start time trials at 6pm and race at 7pm just like here and they finish around 10:30-11pm unless theirs a few good wrecks. the biggest thing this track needs to work on is timing with events and not 15-20min intervals between classes when they are trying to figure out the lineup, when one class in on the track the other needs to be stagging and ready so when the race is finished, get the next class on the track and race, the staff needs to step it up to keep things flowing. I know everyone wants to watch every race because of family and the excitment so with our car count it shouldn't be such a problem.
It's great theirs other intrests into different class, and yes they should have a min. of 5 to start a new class the dwarf is awsome to watch, and another possibilty is a hornet or compact class thats really cheep to get younger people involved
dbass
dbass
ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcGahan33 July 1st 2009, 04:46

Ya, in my opinion we need to have a 5 car min. Rule in place to start a class. But I would love to see some new classes out there even if they are just exhibitions or if we start racing on more nights to fit all classes in. Things are turning around at TCR and the fact that we have people approaching us to start new classes is proof. Personally I now know of 5 or 6 people that have approached us about new classes ranging from dwarfs, imca modifieds, tough trucks, and mini stocks to flat track motorcycles. And these all will be great classes and events but the track has to be careful to not invest time into a class that may flop. So that is why we are looking at a 5 car min.
CMcGahan33
CMcGahan33
YOUNG GUN

Back to top Go down

Post  A-Stock_#28 July 4th 2009, 17:03

A quad class would be awesome. I know alot of people that would come out but it was totally DENIED at last meeting. I understand they are very high risk factor, but hey isnt everything?
A-Stock_#28
A-Stock_#28
YOUNG GUN

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcGahan33 July 5th 2009, 23:16

The quad class wasnt totally denied, and I think it would be a fun class. But the way our circle track develops holes and ruts, it could make for a pretty dangerous racing surface. I think a better option would be to level the entire infield and you could have quads race on a smoother oval surface in the infield. Doing this might give a rider a little bit more room before hitting the barrels or just to keep riders away from them. Putting up hay bails is another option that could make it safer for riders.

I do remember seeing quads race out there on the circle track in the past as exhibition, and one did wreck pretty bad. The board hasnt totally denied the idea of it, more discussion and planning is needed. Just like your tough-truck idea, you had a good plan and came up with enough trucks, so we are moving forward with that.
More discussion is needed, that is all. Safety is the main concern.
CMcGahan33
CMcGahan33
YOUNG GUN

Back to top Go down

Dwarf car racing? Empty Dwarf

Post  dolchok July 8th 2009, 14:53

Hey,

Well I appreciate all the good input about this topic, and it seems as possibly we may have a few cars here already. Although I am pretty sure the legends race on asphault only, as the dwarf cars are set up to go left on the dirt.
I would be interested in getting a car, possibly next season up here even if it is for an show and tell to get people interested in it.

As for flat track motorcycles, that was another venue of racing I would love to see here IE: Speedway. This would require putting in an additional track without a bank, and shale to get sideways. Speedway bikes do not have breaks, 500 cc, weigh less than 150 lbs, and run methanol. I dont think I need to say they are exciting! This would take some prepiration to get this going alot more than Dwarf's would. Although speedway bikes can be found for as little as $1500.00.

If anyone wants more information on this send me a message!

Thanks!

Jamie Chilton
dolchok
dolchok
RACE FAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down