Twin City Raceway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rule changes for next year?

3 posters

Go down

Rule changes for next year? Empty Rule changes for next year?

Post  dbass July 13th 2009, 12:50

the rule book should be revised for the next season to seperate the A & B stock classes. for example: A - stock engine rules are generic. you can use any head casting #, it should be limited to 76cc heads or larger with example casting #'s givin. you can use a 650cfm carb. they should be limited to a unaltered OEM 2-barrel or use a racing 2bbl with a venturi limit and get rid of the spacers. they can have 180psi max compression, with flat top pistions and 76cc heads (depending on stroke) it's about 9.0-1 compression. A - stock cars must weigh a min of 3200lbs wet w/driver, B - stock must weight 2900lbs w/driver, where is the scale? if next year you want to tech cars the rule book needs to be more defined per class. What happened about tech for the top three finishers in the 50 laps. I know one motor was sealed but you could have checked the carbs.

I will not be in town for the 7-18/19 race and meeting but this should be addressed at the meetings.

TCR is headed in the right direction for improvements as the fan support for the july 4th race proved it!!
dbass
dbass
ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Rule changes for next year? Empty Re: Rule changes for next year?

Post  CMcGahan33 July 13th 2009, 20:20

DBass,

The board has already approved to form a commitee to review the rules for both classes. This committee will most likely form later this fall, when things arent so busy....if you have any input, or would like to be part of this committee, let us know at the next meeting.

And you are right, I did intend to tech the top 3 cars in the 50 lapper, but with helping flag the race, and the victory lane celebration, and all that, by the time Josh and I got over there many of the drivers had already left. We will try it again maybe one of these other race nights. Scales are something we can look at, I know of a set for sale right now that might be good for the club.

Trust me that isnt the only thing that got left out that night, there are a few other things im kicking myself for not doing. Overall though, it was an amazing night.
CMcGahan33
CMcGahan33
YOUNG GUN

http://mcgahanracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dbass July 14th 2009, 03:06

You can add my name to the commitee for this fall, I can't be at the next meeting because of work. Also the Directors need to be checking cars in the pits for safty prior to the racing events (to help the track officals out), I had Harold come over to me and checked my motor out but no one looked my car over for safty, it was my first day at the track with the car. I realize alot of things happen around race time and things don't get accomplished, alot of this is me voicing my opinion of things that need to be addressed to create a better and safer racing atmosphere for everyone to enjoy, I just got involved with TCR and I want to help anyway I can.
dbass
dbass
ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post  A-Stock_#28 July 16th 2009, 19:50

The best place to voice an opinoin is at the meetings. We need lots of people at our meetings. At the present time it is almost like a republican- democrate meeting. ALOT of things should be changed but it seems as if no one wants to make the waves to get it started. We have a totaly new board and they are doing a great job! It just takes time and participation on everyones part. Everyone can look at the rules and know exactly what they have to do to be safe and compliant, we dont need babysitters just adults acting like adults. We are heading in a good direction and the board has its hands full with just fixing the mistakes the last board made which is pretty much a done deal at this point its full speed ahead and its all about making a safe and fun track that people WANT to come to. Isnt it? We need to really start thinking of ways to pack the stands and get more cars on the track. wheter it be new classes or whatever. The over all goal is to be successfull. So far so good. Evey one has opinoins its just getting them all togather to find the best ones. And as you can see hardly anyone gets online to read these so thats why i say "be at the meetings".
A-Stock_#28
A-Stock_#28
YOUNG GUN

Back to top Go down

Post  dbass July 18th 2009, 05:59

I was at the last meeting (July 5), but most of the directors were out of town, busy, that happens -holiday weekend. I'm out of town for this weekend working and can't make it. So I need to get my word out to the three of you who use this Forum, for possible ideas for change. I'm on your side Scott and good luck this weekend
dbass
dbass
ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum